How can you prepare for ServiceNow adoption? Walk through these recommended resources to familiarize yourself with IT Service Management terminology and concepts, the ServiceNow tool and processes.
The following will introduce you to IT service management (ITSM) terminology and concepts.
Navigation in Navvia (navvia.stanford.edu): Learning Centre >> Recorded Courses >> ITSM Overview
- Play module >> Introduction -- IT Service Management and ITIL. Covers services lifecycle and mentions the difference between technology-focused versus services-focused approach. (8:41 minutes)
- Play module >> Service Operation. Shows difference between Request and Incident, cites Problem, Change, and Knowledge. (24:08 minutes)
Learn the processes
Familiarize yourself with the ITIL processes -- owners, descriptions, and documentation -- as implemented at Stanford University.
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
- Request Management
- Service Management Process Slides: Problem, Change, JIRA (SDLC)
Explore the tool
The following will introduce you to the ServiceNow tool as implemented at Stanford University.
- Video tutorials for Alpha Phase: Incident management, service desk call, SHC integration and request management at Stanford
- ServiceNow Overview Guide
- Knowledge Management Fulfiller Guide
- Problem Management Fulfiller Guide
- Change Management Fulfiller Guide
- JIRA/ServiceNow SDLC Fulfiller Guide