WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that allows simple in-browser set-up and updating of websites. WordPress is an open-source project and its core is contributed to by hundreds of community volunteers. The convenience and flexibility of WordPress has made it one of the most popular solutions on the internet for building websites.
Through the Web Content Management Program, University IT will provide a cloud-based WordPress hosting and vendor-provided support option that will be made available across all departments, students, and staff as an alternative to the cloud Drupal platform.
Hired Wordpress customer experience specialist and engaged UIT Vendor Management to assess vendor pricing models
March 2020 through May 2020
Survey Wordpress site owners to gauge spectrum of needs and conduct vendor interviews
Launch new WordPress hosting service
What will be included in the new WordPress hosting environment?
- Provisioning of default WordPress application
- Integration with campus directory system
- Site monitoring
- 24/7 on-call support for production websites
- ServiceNow ticket management
- SSL certificate management
- Log aggregation
- Compliance with Minimum Security Requirements
- Vulnerability scanning
- Rescaling of web instances and the complete administration of the underlying operating system
What will not be included?
- Management or administration of the WordPress application, including migrations, upgrades, patches, themes and plug-in support
- Web development, design, assistance with coding or content, or web application vulnerability remediation
- Access to the operating system or the AWS console