What we do
Stanford Web Services (SWS) is the central creative web studio at Stanford University and has a three-fold mission:
- to design and support a robust Drupal-based content management platform, Stanford Sites, at no cost to departments, groups, and individuals;
- to provide a full range of web communications consulting, design, development, and production services at below market rates; and
- to encourage a strong campus web community through events, knowledge-sharing, and training opportunities.
The launch of our studio, a partnership between University Communications and University IT, signals Stanford’s commitment to web communications, accessibility, security, mobile responsiveness, and sharing knowledge and resources with the open source community.
SWS services include:
- free Stanford Sites Drupal service;
- for-fee Stanford Sites Jumpstart services;
- for-fee custom web design, development, and production services;
- for-fee web project strategy consultation and guidance on vendor relationships; and
- free support for Stanford's web accessibility guidelines and university branding, including web themes and style guidelines.
For more details, including prices for SWS services, visit the more detailed SWS services description.
To learn how Stanford Web Services can help with your project, please contact Sara Worrell-Berg.