What we do
Shared Services is a vital part of University IT, providing strategic leadership and operational expertise in communications and relationship management, financial services, service management, and vendor management in support of all services provided by the University IT organization.
Shared Services includes:
- Business Partners — This team establishes and maintains relationships at all levels with Stanford's schools and organizations to understand their academic and business strategies, and their current and future use of IT. Staff use this information to accelerate our clients' longer term objectives by looking for opportunities to leverage existing University IT services and by establishing partnerships for developing new services. Learn more about Business Partners
- Communications — This team specializes in promotional, informational, and support content creation; web and print design and development; and presentations related to upcoming changes to the central IT offerings. Its primary focus is on client-facing materials and presentations related to services provided by University IT. Learn more about the Communications Team
- Financial Services — Financial Services is comprised of Finance, Revenue Operations, and Order Management. We partner across University IT to foster accurate and efficient ordering, provisioning, and billing for our services. We deliver robust financial support through consistent and streamlined processes and produce financial information that is rational, transparent, and easily understood. Learn more about Financial Services
- Service Management — The groups that comprise Service Management are Service Design, Revenue Cycle Management, Business Systems, and Metrics and Reporting. Learn more about Service Management
- Vendor Management — This team manages many aspects of vendor relations for University IT. It also coordinates campus-wide collaborative purchases for IT products when there is the opportunity to create significant savings and benefits for the broader Stanford IT community. Learn more about Vendor Management
Shared Services is led by Sam Steinhardt, Assistant Vice President for University IT Shared Services, and is made up of about 40 employees. You can follow the links above to learn more about who does what or go to our organization chart to find contact information for team members.