What we do
Administrative Systems (AS) is located a short drive off campus in the Stanford Research Park on Porter Drive. We are a group of 120 employees who implement and support the integrated administrative applications that run the business of the university.
In addition to supporting Stanford's major enterprise systems (financials, HR, student administration, research administration), AS partners with clients at every level of the organization (individual schools, business units, cross functional groups) to identify and implement efficient, cost-effective IT solutions.
AS strives to build efficient, cost-effective systems that meet Stanford's unique needs as a world-class university.
- Improve Reliability: ensure that information is accurate and timely and systems are reliable (minimal failure and quick recovery)
- Align IT and Business: Technology investments should enable/support business goals and objectives
- Reduce Risk to the University: ensure systems help address compliance risks and ensure that IT systems and processes protect data from unauthorized access/misuse
- Provide Consistent World-Class Service Delivery: be our stakeholders' trusted IT provider and advisor
- Reduce Complexity: integrate systems and consolidate technologies to simplify user experience and reduce operational costs
- Maximize Return on Investment: Focus on IT solutions and technologies that provide the greatest value to the whole University
- Ganesh Karkala, Associate Vice President
- Nirmala Balasubramanian, Director, Research Administration
- Jeff Bubin, Director, Project Management Office
- Armand Capote, Senior Director, Infrastructure & Architecture
- Claudia Dencker, Senior Director, Special Projects and Communications
- Randy Durante, Senior Director, Financial Systems
- Vijay Gandra, Senior Director, Data Management and Reporting
- Sameer Marella, Senior Director, Student, HR & Middleware Systems
- Corrina Petriceks, Director of Compliance Services & Infrastructure Portfolio and Quality Assurance
- Toai Vo, Senior Director, Technical Services
Administrative Systems works with a variety of business and student offices across the university, all with varying support needs. Inquiries may be as simple as login and access issues, or as complex as defining the requirements for a new solution.
If you are a user of an application or system that Administrative Systems supports and have a question or issue, please log a HelpSU ticket. We will respond as quickly as possible.
Central Business Offices:
AS works closely with many central business offices to provide system maintenance and/or feature enhancements. If you are a partner with a question or issue about an existing system, please file a HelpSU ticket and we will respond as quickly as possible. For an unreleased system, please contact your AS business partner directly.
Inquiries for new solutions
Contact Associate Vice President Ganesh Karkala to find out how Administrative Systems can help you reach your system, data, or automation goals.
Administrative Systems is a rewarding and challenging place to work. We work on a wide range of projects using many different technologies and the latest cutting-edge tools. You'll have the opportunity to work with bright, diverse, dedicated people, and you'll find encouragement to learn and grow. Stanford employees enjoy excellent benefits and an outstanding work environment. Visit the Stanford Careers website to learn more.