UIT Support During Winter Closure
University winter closure takes place from Friday, Dec. 11, 2020, at 5 p.m. through Monday, Jan. 4, 2021, at 8 a.m.
During this time, University IT (UIT) will continue support for university offices that remain open, as well as those continuing their work remotely using Stanford-issued devices.
We’re here to help
- The UIT Service Desk will be open 24 hours per day by phone during the break. Dial 650-725-4357 (5-HELP) for assistance.
- The UIT Operator Services Center (650-723-2300) will also be open 24 hours per day during the break to monitor all critical UIT systems and services.
- Mobile device orders must be received by Monday, Dec. 7, to be shipped to a campus location and Thursday, Dec. 10, if shipped to a personal residence. Support for mobile device accounts, and order and billing issues will align with the Service Desk hours. Dial 650-725-4357 (5-HELP) for assistance.
- Requests submitted through services.stanford.edu will be monitored throughout the winter closure, with the exception of weekends, Dec. 24 and 25, and Jan. 1, with priority response given to urgent requests related to system outages.
- Non-emergency requests that require the support of UIT or distributed support groups, which are not staffed during winter closure, will be addressed during the week of Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
A detailed overview of UIT’s winter closure support, including information about service orders, system outages and more, is available at itwinterclosure.stanford.edu.