Security mandate questions
- What is Stanford's computer security mandate?
- Who is covered by Stanford's computer security mandate?
- What is required for devices to meet the computer security mandate?
- Where can I find information about the School of Medicine security requirement ?
- What is device compliance?
- What happens if a device is not compliant with the security requirements?
- Why is my device not compliant when I've done everything I'm supposed to do?
- How do I request an exception for a device that cannot be made compliant?
- Why aren't the changes I made reflected in MyDevices?
- Why are devices that don't belong to me showing up in MyDevices?
- What should I do if I see a device in MyDevices that doesn't belong to me?
- What should I do if I don't see one of my devices in MyDevices?
- What should I do if I see multiple entries for the same device in MyDevices?
- What should I do if I remove a device from MyDevices by mistake?
- How do I update my device enrollment answers?
- What is considered High Risk Data for device enrollment purposes?
- Who should be listed as the primary user during device enrollment?
- Who should be listed as the primary user during device enrollment for shared devices?
- Why are all users of a shared device being prompted to enroll?
- Why is my device reported to be unencrypted when I'm sure it's encrypted?
- Why is my device reported to be partially encrypted?
- What are the information security requirements for removable media?
- What is SWDE?
- What should I do if my operating system doesn't support encryption?
- Why am I being required to encrypt during network self-registration when I'm not covered by the security mandate?
IT support questions
- What should an IT professional do if a user's changes are not reflected in MyDevices?
- What can an IT professional do if a user's device is not compliant?
- What are the technical reasons why a device that doesn't belong to a user might show up in MyDevices?
- Why is an end-user's device reported to be partially encrypted?
- What should an IT professional know about encrypting multiple disks?
- What if I see that a user's affiliation is incorrect in the administrative view of MyDevices?
- How do I remove BigFix from devices I administer that should no longer be tracked?
- Why is a user's Chromebook not being correctly identified?
- What are the ways to update a user's Device Enrollment answers?
- Where can I find in-depth technical information about SWDE?