May 24 & 25
This two-day training course will help you to learn the practical aspects of the R programming language. Hands-on labs will allow attendees to immediately apply their theoretical knowledge in practice. R has various packages covering a wide range of topics such as econometrics, finance, and time series. R has best-in-class tools for visualization, reporting, and interactivity, which are as important to business as they are to science. R is well-suited for scientists, engineers, and business professionals.
Course Topics Include:
- What is R?
- Introduction to Functional Programming with R
- Managing Your Environment
- R-Type System & Structures
- Extending R
- Read-Write & Import-Export Operations in R
- Statistical Computing Features in R
- Data Manipulation & Transformation in R
- Data Visualization in R
- Using R Efficiently
- Lab Exercises
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.