According to the recent Pulse of the Profession study from the Project Management Institute, businesses with a clear project management structure in place have 38% more successful projects that met their original goals than those that did not.
This session introduces participants to the critical elements required to effectively manage and complete projects within budget and on schedule.
This six-hour course will cover:
- Project management introduction
- Waterfall vs. Agile methodologies
- Project Process Groups
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Identifying Project Scope
- Developing Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining and Sequencing project activities
- Developing Project Schedule
- Creating Project Budget
- Planning Quality Management
- Managing Project Team
- Managing Project Resources
- Project Risk Management
- Planning Stakeholder Engagement
- Controlling Project Budget &Schedule
- Manage and Control Quality
- Plan and Acquire Resources
- Managing Project Work
- Project Closeout
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.