This course provides you the opportunity to prepare for certification as a Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) by Scrum.org. In this experiential course, you will learn Scrum by doing Scrum.
- After this course, you will have the opportunity to gain clarity on the following:
- The power of self-organization
- Estimation and story sizing techniques
- Sprint planning & Release planning
- Using retrospectives to improve continuously
- How to conduct brief and effective stand-ups
- How to maximize the business value delivered
- Roles and responsibilities on a Scrum team, including Scrum Master and product owner roles
- The product backlog: user stories, prioritization, and backlog grooming
- Creating and applying a 'definition of done'
- Working with agile requirements, specifications, and documentation
- Agile metrics and tracking tools such as task boards and burn charts
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.