The Cloud Architectural Design Group, made up of UIT staff only, will provide strategic guidance and technical oversight on UIT architectural design decisions, standards, and implementation approaches.
Role and Tasks
Along with sharing technical options with and taking direction from the Cloud Transformation Steering Committee, this group will also tackle the following, with the help of other UIT colleagues and local IT partners:
- In support of reference architectures, documenting cloud deployment principles and aligning architectural design with those principles.
- Developing Stanford-specific best practices.
- Identifying, designing, and presenting opportunities for UIT workgroups and cross-functional teams to solve real Stanford cloud technology challenges and, in the process, speed UIT's learning and understanding of cloud knowledge and skills.
- Bruce Vincent, Emerging Technologies
- Toai Vo, Technical Services
- Joshua Barnett, Windows Infrastructure
- Ray Cooper, Communication Services
- Michael Duff, Information Security Office
- Xueshan Feng, Emerging Technologies
- Marcello Golfieri, Technology Consulting Group
- Steve Kallestad, Integration and Client Solutions
- Will Law, Research Computing
- Scotty Logan, Emerging Technologies
- Laurie Miller, Infrastructure Applications