- A client interface with a seamless service catalog of robust solutions.
- Strategically selected and well managed vendor partnerships.
- Backed by an expert workforce with cloud technology and practices.
- Inherent security and privacy controls commensurate with the risk profile of the business need.
- Automated improvements with auto-scaling capabilities, resilient deployments by system design, with no service disruption to service level.
Perform Cloud Governance and Portfolio Management
University IT will develop a cloud portfolio strategy supported by a cloud advisory and governance structure.
Define Organizational Development Program
Update roles, skills and competencies for University IT staff associated with cloud solutions to reflect cloud-related service and technology expertise required to achieve the University IT vision and goals.
Integrate Key Cloud Systems, Processes, and Services
University IT will integrate the cloud-source lifecycle (from sourcing through acquisition and billing) into its enterprise vendor management, procurement, and billing systems.
Run Mission Critical Services in the Cloud
New systems and software deployments will be cloud-sourced. Current University IT owned and operated critical enterprise campus software applications will have detailed project schedules to not be exclusively hosted on campus.
Reduce UIT Computing Footprint on Campus by 50%
University IT owned systems will reduce their campus power consumption related to non-research computing by 50% relative to 2015 consumption.
Exit Livermore Disaster Recovery Site
Redesign disaster recovery and business continuity to leverage cloud-hosting and related services. Have detailed project schedule for exiting the Livermore site.